Seriously....Couldn't you just imagine how wonderful of an Easter Egg Hunt would be
having glitter filled eggs!!!!
How to Make Confetti Eggs:
Egg dye (we used good ol’ vinegar and food coloring)
Confetti (or birdseed, fruity pebbles, or your filler of choice)
Tissue paper (we used a round 1″ punch to make our tissue paper perfectly sized)
Step by Step:
1. Using your sewing pin, poke a single, small hole at the top an egg.
2. Open up a larger hole at the bottom of the larger part of an egg.
3. If your yolk is too large, sometimes it helps to use a toothpick or something to stir the yolk up and make it more liquid
4. Let the egg drain out of the larger hole into a bowl, blowing the residue out through the small pin hole in the top of the egg if you need to encourage the yolk out a little more quickly.
5. Rinse the egg shell (you can add a little bleach to get rid of the egg smell) and allow it to dry.
6. Use dye to color the eggshell (you’ll have to fill the hollow shell with dye to make it stay submerged); allow to dry thoroughly.
7. Fill the egg about halfway with confetti (or whatever you decide to put inside). Use a funnel if needed.
8. Cut a piece of tissue paper slightly larger in size than the egg’s hole. Glue the paper to the edges of the hole.