2.13.2012

DR. M A Y A A N G E L O U

Pin It Now!


If i had a dinner and was asked to select 4 women to have in attendance.
Dr. Maya Angelou would be the first invitation filled.
Not only for her literary genius, but for the wisdom that she has indirectly instilled in me
but other countless other women and men.
Talk about a powerful W-O-M-A-N
So for all of those that are feeling a little uninspired, defeated, conquered, unloved, lonely, discriminated against, caged....
I give you a morsel of wisdom that hopefully reboot the one operating system that you have full control of.....




"I know, since life
is our mostprecious gift and as far as we can be absolutely certain, it is given to us to live it once. Let us so live we will not regret years of useless virtue and inertia and timidity and ignorance. And in our last moments we can say "All my life, All my conscience energies have been dedicated to the most notable cause of the world...the liberation of the mind and spirit, beginning with my own"
-Dr. Maya Angelou
(via the Literary Arts acceptance speech at BET honors 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment