11.21.2012

NAME YOUR PRICE

Pin It Now!
The worst thing to call somebody is crazy. It's dismissive. "I don't understand this person. So they're crazy." That's bullshit. These people are not crazy. They strong people. Maybe their environment is a little sick.




I know you are scrolling through this and double checking 
to see if you are in fact on the correct blog. 
Yes, you are. 
Dave Chappelle.
We know him for his graphic content and political incorrectness.
For portraying Rick James, a crack addict, and Diddy. 
But like most, there is a layer that many don't see because the laughter around 
him is too loud and the costumes are so distracting. 

For the past couple of weeks, the hub and I have been working late nights on projects and building beauties. 
For background noise we have been streaming Inside the Actors Studio with James Lipton. 
A late-nighters gold mine. If you are awake during the wee hours of the morning, motivational and inspiring dialogue on a loop is 
pretty much as essential as tortilla chips, cheese dip and wine. 
After going through the list of featured actors, we finally landed on Dave Chappelle. 
Played with little expectation of life changing knowledge dropping 
I was instantly awed.
Not just by his comedic genius, but by his ability to insert tokens of ah-ha moments without pressure, which allows you to actually hear it and retain it. One quote sticks out the furthest because of it's simplicity and truth:

"My Father told me 
'Name your price in the beginning. 
If it ever gets more expensive than the 
price you name, then get out of there"

 As a 'round the clock worker you have to constantly check your 
work/life/moral scale. 
Am I putting to much blog time in this basket? Am I putting too little dress up and tea party time in that basket? How any times this week did I rush through dinner to get to work on an order?
When my daughter says, "Mommy can you just lay with me for a little while?", how often do I give in or tell her not now?
This quote force me to acknowledge my priorities 
(or sometimes lack there of) and decide
What am I willing to sacrifice in order to make it work?
I'm still figuring this out.
  
If you need a teaspoon of knowledge poured into your life,
have this streaming while you are prepping for tomorrow's feast. 
This will allow you to evaluate what you are truly thankful and appreciative for and insure that you will make conscious efforts to make those things gold.

Hope you all have a safe and joyous Thanksgiving holiday!!
Cheers!

Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment