7.17.2015

AURAL PLEASURE : LEON BRIDGES

Pin It Now!


Many of you haven't visited my home.
But if you did you would always find three things:
Candles burning everywhere, some chocolate covered treat, and my record player humming
Humming because it is always in between "letting the kids have their tv time" and
me having a moment of pure aural bliss. 
Though I have a pretty vast collection Sam Cooke 
never gets put back on the shelf.
If we had a sitcom, the theme music would be Cooke's. 
But there has been a break in the air. 
Enter crooner Leon Bridges
I always listen to new music with my eyes 
closed to let it really wash over me. 
But I couldn't with him. 
I was immediately jolted back to a different era. 
I felt like I was doing myself a major disservice my 
1. Being recently introduced and feeling a bit late to the party 
but 2. listening to his music on my laptop.  I definitely fall 
into the purist basket and believe music before the 80s 
(with the exception of Adele and Amy) ought to be played on vinyl only. 
Please do yourself a bit of good and treat yourself to 
an easy Saturday morning vibe during the week and listen to the album.

Check out Comin Home

Until next time. 
xo, 
Kel 


No comments:

Post a Comment