8.14.2015

DEFINING STYLE : DESERT UTILITARIAN

Pin It Now!




Let's cut to the chase...
Pulling off basics with finesse is sometimes like crossing Niagara on a tight rope. 
Just when you think you have all the elements ready, 
something's too boxy or too bright or has one topstitch too many.
So I figured I'd walk you through how to achieve that easy,
nonchalant, "oh just pumping my gas lookin like a million bucks" 
style.  Starting with what I'd call a Desert Utilitarian...
Anchored by a deep olive & uniform navy with 
feminine accents of pink sands & dusty taupes. 



I have a thing for olive--it's my first choice neutral outside of 
black, white, & grey that allows a bit of room for "visual weight" 
without being as heavy as black. 



It's transitional tone, makes for perfect interchangeability
throughout the year, coming in a variety of weights from 
linen to silks to wool. 
For more tips on Defining Style check out my 
frequently updated style board .

Until next time. 
xo, 
Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment