10.08.2012

Happy Matri-Monday

Pin It Now!

So when I began thinking about sharing our wedding/love story or providing
advice I did not think it would be easy. 
Nor did I think that the inspiration flood gates would open.
I won't pretend to be an expert at this, because we are very green
and still figuring each other out daily. 

So this past weekend we had the opportunity to spend the entire day together. 
My awesome mother welcomed the mini over for a sleepover, which always allows us
to "rekindle" what the busy work week tends to dampen. 
But instead of putzing around like a sad puppy vying for his attention, I met
up with my bestest and had some much needed alone time:
sans kids, sans beaus, and without wedding planning.
While I went for a hysterical-laugh induced pedicure, he 
performed his poetry at the Natural Hair Show.
We met back at home for a quiet evening of working
then a round of beers and football at Taco Mac. 
Simple fun---friend fun. 
We realized that we never really got the opportunity to hang out as 
friends, since we are the product of a long distance relationship. 
But it was great to just jeans & T-shirt it and leave the heels at home. 
We had the chance to miss each other and catch up on our day. 
Which I think is the healthiest thing for a relationship. 
Honestly, the more you hang "around" your hun, the more you will find 
wrong with him and nag.
 So try hanging "out" instead. 
There is nothing wrong with being the hands & foot chick. 
But give each other the space and time to actually have something new to learn about one another. 

So tell me what you do you guys do to press the reset button on your love life?
 


2 comments:

  1. First Congratulation to you and your hubby. You look like a fairy tale stylish couple.I love the pictures but sadly for me i can't see properly the beautiful dress.I guess you want to keep some privacy... May God bless your couple...
    YOU MAY BE ADDICTED TO DISCOVERY but as soon I am concern I AM ADDICTED TO YOUR BLOG.LOL
    I just discovered your blog through "RUE magazine"(love this magazine by the way)and decided to visit you just to see exactly what it was about. And i am very pleased.Love your style and your creativity.
    so now that i am officially an Addicted... I WILL FOLLOW YOU.( Don't even try to stop me....lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your well wishes and sweet words! So Glad you enjoy! Cheers to new discoveries...

      Delete