2.24.2014

DISCOVER DIY / THE GOLDEN HOUR

Pin It Now!
 It's been a pretty busy beginning this year, which I am so thankful for.
But this has kept me from tending to the house as I normally do. 
And like many of you my project list and DIY board runneth over.
So I decided to tackle a couple of them. 
The first and by far the easiest is the clock update. 
I've had this plain clock perched on my wall for months and it erked me
just how blah it was. 
A spruce up was a must!




What You'll Need:
  • Boring Ol Wall Clock (Mine is from IKEA)
  • Washi Tape
  • Gold Spray Paint (I used Rust-OLeum Metallic Gold)
 Flip the clock around & remove the prongs.


 Disassemble the face leaving the frame, face, and glass alone.
In a well ventilated space, spray the frame and allow to dry.



 While the frame is drying, unwind the hands until they are 
detached from the face.


 Cut 2 strips of the same length and layer them. 
Firmly press the hand, up side down onto the tape. 
Cut along the edges to remove the excess tape.
Repeat with the 2nd hand.


 Assemble the clock back together and your set! 
Easy peasy, right?
Check my IG to see how I've incorporated this 
into my home decor.
Stay tuned for more Simple & Lovely DIY projects!
-Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment